Wine enthusiasts and novices, raise your glasses! The #1 wine book has been extensively updated! If you’re a connoisseur, Wine For Dummies, Fourth Edition will get you up to speed on what’s in and show you how to take your hobby to the next level. If you’re new to the world of wine, it will clue you in on what you’ve been missing and show you how to get started. It begins with the basic types of wine, how wines are made, and more. Then it gets down to specifics :
- How to handle snooty wine clerks, navigate restaurant wine lists, decipher cryptic wine labels, and dislodge stubborn corks
- How to sniff and taste wine
- How to store and pour wine and pair it with food
- Four white wine styles : fresh, unoaked; earthy; aromatic; rich, oaky
- Four red wine styles : soft, fruity, and relatively light-bodied; mild-mannered, medium-bodied; spicy; powerful, full-bodied, and tannic
- What’s happening in the “Old World” of wine, including France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, and Greece
- What’s how (and what’s not) in the New World of Wine, including Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, and South Africa
- U.S. wines from California, Oregon, Washington, and New York
- Bubbling beauties and medieval sweets : champagne, sparkling wines, sherry, port, and other exotic dessert wines
Authors Ed McCarthy, CWE, who is a regular contributor to Wine Enthusiast and The Wine Journal and Mary Ewing-Mulligan, MW, who owns the International Wine Center in New York, have co-authored six wine books in the For Dummies series. In an easy-to-understand, unpretentious style that’s as refreshing as a glass of Chardonnay on a summer day, they provide practical information to help you enjoy wine, including :
- Real Deal symbols that alert you to good wines that are low in price compared to other wines of similar type, style, or quality
- A Vintage Wine Chart with specifics on numerous wines
- Info on ordering wine from out of state, collecting wine, and more
Wine For Dummies, Fourth Edition is not just a great resource and reference, it’s a good read. It’s full-bodied, yet light…rich, yet crisp…robust, yet refreshing….
Wе hаνе pulled together tһе best οf gifts for wine lovers: hard to find wines; wine decanters; monthly wine clubs; wine gift baskets; wine accessories; wine books; and more. Yου wіll bе pleasantly surprised how many items you can choose from that аrе ready tο ship today!
We also have lots of great wine gift ideas and articles for you to explore.
All kinds of wine gifts that you need to impress someone just getting into wines or an avid wine connoisseur.